Musings from Maureen

Friday, September 15, 2006

FLASHBACK GROUPIE


When we were in our teens, many of us would daydream about being a groupie to one of our favorite bands. Of course this was never something we thought we'd ever be able to do - but - I'm 53 and I'm a huge groupie - to my husband's band - Flashback. www.flashbackggband.com
I've been busy building an ever so humble website for the *boys in the band*. It's been so much fun to do. My Greg is a fabulous musician. He's been playing guitar since he was 8 years old and he's quite simply *magic*. While his band plays R&B, Soul & 50's & 60's, Greg can play just about anything. I have to say I particularly love it when he plays acoustic and sings Italian songs with his deep velvety voice. He gives me goose bumps. His music will keep him forever young.
When we were first married, Greg had to go out of town for a few days and of course I thought I'd just die without him. He had left me a note to read "if you miss me" and inside that note he told me to go to an Eric Clapton album and listen to the song "Pretty Girl"
Pretty girl you are the light of my life,
I mean my everything
You're the one I chose to make my wife,
that's why you wear my ring.
And when I'm feeling down and out,
you're the one who will bail me out
My love will always guide me home, pretty girl.
Pretty girl don't ever say goodbye,
don't ever let me be,
If you do you know that I will die,
you mean that much to me.
And when I'm feeling low and blue
you always know just what to do.
My love will always guide me home, pretty girl.
Pretty girl, hear what I have to say,
it's something you should know,
You brought me sunshine on my darkest day,
that's why I love you so.
And when my wandering day is through,
I'll always hurry back home to you.
My love will always guide me home, pretty girl.
Is it any wonder, to this day, Pretty Girl, is my favorite song.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Deluzy said…

    Aww, he sounds like such a sweetie -- and he's lucky to have you for his groupie! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home