Musings from Maureen

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

# 22


Tomorrow I go in for surgery - again. I'm having a massive ventral hernia repair with an abdominoplasty and abdominal muscle tightening. This will be the 22nd time I've had surgery and it won't be my last. There is a 3rd hip replacement around the corner for me. God willing I'll be able to wait a year or so before I have to have the procedure.

I'm told this surgery will take 5 to 7 hours. I'm not really nervous about the surgery in itself. I have complete confidence in my Surgeon, Dr. M. Hares. But I'm *VERY* nervous about the pain control afterwards. Morphine just doesn't do it for me. I envy those people that can say they breezed through their first few post-op days by pushing the pain control button. I can push it until the cows come home and I'll still be registering a 9 out of 10 on the pain scale. But, the end results will be the demise of *Hester Hernia* and for the first time in my life - a flat tummy. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Deluzy said…

    I'll be swinging chickens before, during, and after the surgery, Maureen -- you'll be in my thoughts throughout the next few days, and I'm going to keep an eagle out out for Jenny's updates on the board!

    Here's to a smooth 22nd surgery AND blessed pain control!!!!

    HUGS TO YOU!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger starrgirl's world said…

    You will be foremost on my mind on surgery day and after, Maureen. Think good thoughts and know how much we love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home