Musings from Maureen

Friday, August 25, 2006

My first Musings

Where do I begin....

Well I guess a little bit about me is a good way to start. I was born in Wolverhampton, England and I guess that's where I got my *green thumb*. We sailed the Atlantic on the final voyage of the "Franconia" in 1955. My father had immigrated to Canada before us to find work and a place for us to live. My Mother, myself and my sister, Ann followed several months later. We settled in Ontario in the picturesque town of Stratford where my dear sister, Rosaleen was born. Eventually we had a little "Bed and Breakfast" for the Shakespearian Festival visitors. My father's job moved us to the Detroit, Michigan area when I was 13.

After one failed marriage, I am now very happily married to Greg, a wonderful musician, who has his own R&B/Oldies band - FLASHBACK. I have a son 28, and one daughter 24. More about them later. My parents are still with us. Mom is 77 and Daddy is 84. We all live within 20 minutes of each other. We have no other family in the U.S. so thankfully we are a close knit family.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home